Pages



Friday, April 18, 2014

Guest Blogger ~ Chambray Trend

Hey there, ATKM readers! My name is Steph and I am a Physician Assistant student! I will be graduating in June, but for the past year, I have been chronicling my daily outfits over at White Coat Wardrobe. I am living on a grad student-sized budget, but have big, bold style and a passion for professional fashion. In the medical world, bright colors and pattern mixing are often unexpected wardrobe choices. I believe that you can be modest and professional without compromising personal style! Today, I am sharing with you one of my FAVORITE fashion trends: chambray!

1. WORK

Dress (similar) | Shirt (similar) | Belt (similar) | Necklace (20% off with code SCODE20)
 Wedges | Leopard Bracelet | Monogram Bracelet | Spike Bracelet

For work, I tend to grab my chambray dress and layer it with a bright or bold button down, slip into some polished wedges, and pile on some fun accessories. My other favorite work pairing is a darker wash chambray shirt, paired with a pencil skirt or pixie pant and a statement necklace or scarf. Does your work environment/dress code allow for chambray to be worn? How do you wear chambray to work?

2. DATE NIGHT

Shirt | Skirt (similarsequinedsplurge) | Shoes (similar) | Earrings (similarsimilar)
Watch | Monogram Bracelet | Twist Bracelet (similar) | Nails

My weeks are filled with charting, busy clinic days, quizzes, and studying for boards. When the weekend comes, I love to put by work aside and enjoy a date night with my fiance, Adam! I use this time as an excuse to curl my hair, put on some statement earrings, and enjoy the time off. For this date night look, I paired my favorite faded chambray shirt with a neon skirt and a petal pink cheek for a soft, romantic feel. A simple "arm party" and metallic flats allow the skirt and earrings to take the spotlight!

3. WEEKEND

Shirt | Tee | Leggings (similar) | Scarf c/o Echo Design (similaroptionoption)
Shoes (similarsimilar) | Bracelets c/o Jane (similar) | Earrings | Bag (similar)

Ahh, the weekend! It's my time to catch up on the "to do's" that I don't complete during the week! For a trip to the grocery and bank, I choose comfy but polished layers like these! Ladies, if you do not own a pair of thick, ponte leggings, do yourself a favor and GET SOME! I am a huge fan of the comfort level and basic palette that leggings provide for an outfit, but they look a lot nicer when the fabric is opaque! ;) In addition, the heavier weight tends to contour and shape more than a simple cotton spandex blend will do. READ: Shapewear that looks like clothing! I'll throw my chambray shirt over a tunic-length tee, add a bright scarf and fun shoes, and I'm ready to roll.

Thanks to Katie for having me today! I hope that you will stop by White Coat Wardrobe and say hello! For my daily outfits, find me on Instagram, and get more behind the scenes peeks at my life on Bloglovin', Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
signature