Pages



Monday, March 24, 2014

Favorite Beauty Products

I'll be the first person to admit that I'm not great at doing my hair or makeup. My hair is either up in a bun or pony tail, or down straightened and sometimes curled. So...maybe four different styles. With my makeup, I like to keep it simple and hate the feel of heavy makeup. I've received many emails inquiring about my favorite makeup products. Well my readers, here ya go!
Here's my daily makeup routine:
1. Foundation
2.Conceler
3. Eye Primer
4. Eye Shadow
5. Eyeliner
6. Mascara
7. Blush
8. Powder

And, done! Nothing fancy or time consuming. Like I mentioned, I don't like the feel of heavy makeup, and I've managed to find a few products that I really love. Here are my favorite things.

1. Foundation: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer
This product is great for a light feel but great coverage. It's basically like tinted lotion and you just rub it right on. The best part is that it has SPF 20!

2. Concealer: Neutrogena Brightening Eye Perfector
This covers under eye bags great and is mess free with this fabulous little brush. 

3. Eye Primer: Tarte Clean Slate
I've tried tons of different primers and bases for my eyeshadow, and this is the best I've come across in years. It does a great job of keeping your shadow, eyeliner, and mascara smudge proof all day long.

4. Eye Shadow: Mac and/or Smashbox 
I'm a huge fan of both brands. Mac has some fun colors and textures and Smashbox is just a smooth, easy to use shadow. 

5. Eye Liner:  L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner
I love this eyeliner because it's super cheap and waterproof. I used to purchase a much more expensive eyeliner from Mac, but this one has quickly replaced it. I keep it simple with plain black eyeliner.
6. Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash
Love love love. I've been using this for years and it never fails. Lasts all day, doesn't flake, and is easy to apply.
7. Blush: Sephora
I'm a fan of powdered blush and this brand has great colors and feels soft on my skin. Can't go wrong with some good 'ol Sephora!
8: Powder:Bare Minerals original SPF 15 foundation
I just lightly apply this throughout the day to my "t-zone" and I'm all set to go. Again, it's light and doesn't feel like I have pounds and pounds of makeup on.

Ta Da! That's it! I keep it simple but it works! All of these products are light and don't leave me feeling like a grease ball by the end of the day. They stay on well and are simple to apply.

What are your favorite beauty products?