The First Year Blog is sorta kinda super awesome for coming up with the recipe. It's amazing!!! Who would've thought to put all of these delicious ingredients together? Obviously not me or I would be able to take credit for this concoction. Thank you The First Year Blog for this fabulous recipe! My life is forever changed!
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix (do not prepare as directed on box, prepare as directed below)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 pound powdered sugar (3 and 3/4 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the german chocolate cake mix with the oil, eggs, and water.
- Pour the cake mix on top of the coconut/chocolate chip/pecan layer.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in 1 pound of powdered sugar until it's smooth to the butter/cream cheese.
- Spread this mixture on top of the uncooked german chocolate cake in the pan, and swirl into the cake mix using a knife.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. It is done when it doesn't wobble in the pan if you shake it. The toothpick test shouldn't work because the cake should be more gooey in nature.