Pages



Sunday, March 3, 2013

10 Must Have Closet Basics

As a shopaholic, there are a few pieces that I think are absolutely mandatory in each woman's closet. Here's a list of my top ten must have closet basics.


1. A great pair of black/brown flat boots

You can wear flat boots any time of the year. When you have one pair in black and/or one in brown, any outfit can be transformed.
Both boots are froms Nordstroms

2. Perfect Jeans

Every woman needs a pair of perfect jeans. The perfect cut, color, wash, fit, etc. I always buy my favorite brands (Joes Jeans,  Citizens of Humanity , 7 For All Mandkind ) and get them hemmed to fit me perfectly. Even if you have just one pair of perfect jeans, you're set! You will instantly feel so confident in a great fitting pair of jeans.


3. Comfortable Dress

 Whether it's a maxi dress, long sleeved, strapless...whatever! A cute and simple dress can go a long ways. This dress is from Old Navy and can be worn any time of the year. Throw on some cute accessories and mix in some colored shoes and you have a killer outfit!

4. Black pants

This specific pair of black pants is my absolute favorite! They're from Express and they're actually leggings. Regardless, they fit amazing and I'm obsessed with them! I wear them at least once a week and have gone through 3 pairs already. A fabulous pair of black pants is essential to every wardrobe. You'll always need them for something!

5. Diamond Studs

Ok Ok. I know what you're thinking. Diamond studs?! What?!!? Not everyone can afford fabulous and amazing diamond studs (me included!) but CZ studs are just as great! I wear CZ studs almost every day. The bigger the better! Every outfit needs a little bling!

6. Black Pumps

This should be a no-brainer. Every woman needs black pumps. This specific pair is one of my favorite brands, Cole Haan . Investing some money in a decent, comfortable, and practical pair of black pumps is timeless. Any height, material, or style will never go out of style.

7. Denim Jacket

About ten years ago I bought the cutest denim jacket. Years later I ended up donating it because it was "out of style." BIG mistake! I miss it and wish I could find an exact replica today! My mom always told me that fashion goes in a circle, and boy- she was right! Unfortunately, I couldn't find it, but did end up finding a cute denim jacket at Macys
The jacket pictured is from Gap. 

8. White Shirt

A basic white shirt is key to any look. You can dress it up or down and wear it during any season. It will never ever go out of style. This specific shirt is from Express and is my favorite. The way it cuts in on the side gives it a figure flattering silhouette and looks great on every body type.

 9. Pearls

I know that diamonds are a girls best friend, but I sure do like pearls too. I bought this necklace at Kohls and wear it all of the time! It has just the right ratio of bling to peals. Pearls are timeless and classic. It's easy to dress them up or down. 

 10. Black Flats

Black flats are the best. You can wear them every single day. This pair of Tory Burch flats is a great staple in my wardrobe. Comfortable and cute- just the way I like it!


When it comes to shopping, I like to invest in these ten pieces. They are all items that I wear frequently, never go out of style, and can easily be mixed and matched with anything. I like to spend good money on pieces like these and then spend less money on trendy items such as jewelry, scarves, cardigans, etc.