Pages



Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bathroom Makeover

Our guest bathroom was so blah. I pretty much just threw in whatever old decor we had from our college days and just closed the door. During winter break I decided it was time for a change! We painted the entire room, painted the cabinets, got all new decor and accessories, changed the faucets, and changed the light fixtures! Finally, a bathroom with matching hardware and accessories. What a brilliant concept! No more brown/gold/silver...all brushed nickel! Even just matching up the faucets and light fixtures made a huge difference! It's really the small things in life that make me happy :)

Here was our blah bathroom before:


We had oak cupboards (not loving those!) and mismatched faucets that were gold and silver. The light fixtures were brown and the walls were a terrible brown. Nothing matched and it was just all wrong! 

A little TLC, and here's what it has transformed into!

 
Newly painted cabinets!
 To paint the cabinets, I simply sanded lightly by hand. I painted three coats total, allowing 24 hours between each coat to dry. The cabinet paint color is Benjamin Moore "Dragon's Breath."
 The wall paint color is from Valspar and is called "Metropolis." The chevron shower curtain is from Urban Outfitters and the rugs are from Target. Using wood, paint, and wood glue,we were able to frame in the mirror. It was much easier than I thought!
Accessories are from various stores. The candle and vase is from TJMaxx, the picture frame is from Pier1, and the soap dispenser if from Target. 

I love the sign in this room! I feel like it sums up my life :) I purchased it at TJMaxx. 

The white picture frames are from Pier1, the gray towels are from Target, and the white hand towels are from Etsy. 


We purchased all new fixtures that are brushed nickel, painted, and got fun new accessories! Our old, drab bathroom is now fun and fabulous! What do you think of our new room?

Here are some "before" and "after" pictures.