This blueberry coffee cake is my favorite! Everything from the crumble topping to the fresh blueberries just makes my tummy so happy!
Coffee cake ingredients:
-2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup shortening
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Crumble topping ingredients:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13 x 9 pan.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, beat shortening and medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
4. Alternately pour in flour mixture and milk. Beat until fluffy.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with blueberries.
6. To make crumble topping, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture becomes crummy.
7. Sprinkle crumble topping onto pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes
*I like to double the recipe to make it extra thick!
*Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book.