Rice Krispie treats are so quick and easy to make! I thought it would be fun to add a little twist to the basic treats and add some food coloring and sprinkles for Valentine's Day.
-3 tbs of butter
-10 oz packages of marshmallows
-6 cups Rice Krispies
1. Microwave marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 3 minutes. WARNING: the marshmallows will expand when warm. Use a large bowl!
2. Add food coloring if desired.
3. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until covered with marshmallow mixture.
4. Place in well greased pan. Apply sprinkles if desired.
5. Let cool for 30 minutes, then cut with cookie cutters or regular squares with a knife.